Sunday, February 24, 2013

Last Day of Mother of 3!

  We finally made it to the wonderful city of Nanjing, China! Tonight is the Festival of the Lanterns and EVERYONE is in the city. Fireworks are booming right outside our window. Our hotel is nice, but everywhere smells smoky---Chinese people like to smoke! Avery was sick on the plane today---filling up 3 "barf bags" as Annie calls them. Later she threw up in the hotel as we were checking in and luckily I had grabbed another bag from the plane----a great way to start our adventure! She is super sensitive to the smells and they are VERY strong. Our hotel is connected to a huge mall and on the bottom floor of the mall there is a big food court. We walked down there and immediately she was feeling sick again--so we left. We found a McDonald's and all, except Avery, ate the traditional "Happy Meal". It was fine--almost the same taste as home.
    Our guide for the week is named Savor and she is really sweet. She gave me details of our BIG day tomorrow. We are meeting her in the lobby at 1:30 and will go to the Civil Affairs office for a 2:00appointment! We will then be united with a sweet little girl, whom I've only seen in pictures. My nerves are uneasy but I know that My God is Big and He has set this in motion when He first formed me! He put this family together and His Sovereignty is seen in that formation.  
    We have the sweetest crib in our room---hopefully she will want to stay in it all night! I can't believe this day is finally here. When I look around at all of the people celebrating with their familiestonight, I can't seem to think about those children who have never experienced a family celebration at all. This city is rich in traditions--especially family traditions. I wonder if the birth mothers are thinking about their babies on a night like tonight? I wonder if the children can see the fireworks outside of their windows? I wonder if they are scared when they hear the pops and booms like my kids are sometimes. I wonder if the workers tell them not to be afraid, and to go back to sleep? I wonder if they ever say that Mama and Baba are coming soon..... I wonder if they will ever have a family. The Lord says that He sets the lonely in families....I know that for a fact. I just wish there were more families wanting the lonely. There will be one less lonely tomorrow....one more more family complete.
Tomorrow I will be a mother of 4.......
Blessings from around the world,
Laurie
    

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you are there. Glad you survived. Hope you get a good nights rest. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not know how glad we were to hear from you, especially your momma! It put a little pep in her step!;-) i can'T wait to see pictures of the newst little fox! Love you!





    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I'm so glad you updated. Jordyn and I have looked at the blog 100 times. Praying for you all as you prepare to meet sweet Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are there safe and sound! I've been praying for y'all all weekend and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanjing sounds like such a fun city!! Can't wait to see pics of that sweet little girl with all of you:) lots of prayers going your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. feeling your excitement and remembering the anxiety all too well, but you are right, He is sovereign and He's got this...so cool to see the 'story' play out, knowing that God has planned every detail. You are loved, friend!! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you made it ok. Hope Avery is feeling better. Can't wait to hear more details and see Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited and happy for all of the Foxes! Can't wait to see the update and pictures!

    ReplyDelete